Labels

Monday, May 27, 2013

Finally!

This feels like a great way to kick off this blog. So here we go!

I wrote something tonight. Not descriptions of gold-plated toilet seats, paragraphs on social media trends or in-depth guides to the secret inner workings of refrigerated trucks. I wrote something that I wanted to write. It was amazing.

It has too long since I've listened to that weird voice inside me that loves to put words together like little literary legos. I was almost worried that all of this commercial work had snuffed it out. The worlds and characters and plots have been substantially slower lately.

Always seems there is time to plan but never time to actually indulge in the writing. Tonight, I put everything aside and did so. Is it going to change the world? No. It was just a writing prompt on a Google Plus community. The release was fantastic.

Though I can't promise to keep writing regularly, with the joys of financial obligations and all, I hope to continue to submit to these weekly prompts. I can already feel things stirring and brewing that haven't moved in a very long time. I needed that. I need this. These keys, these words, these worlds.

I'm a writer. I lose track of it from to time. Try to hide it behind other labels, settle for other things or even take the easy way out. But it's still there. Waiting for moments like this is sneak up behind me, wrap its arms around me and let me lose myself in it's embrace.

Welcome back old friend. Thank you for not giving up on me. It's been far too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment